Friday, October 23, 2009

It's Here!

This time tomorrow I will be on the road to Austin. Saturday is filled with the pre-race activities. Then Sunday is Race Day!

My wave starts at 8:25. That's where I will start the 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run. The total miles is where the term 70.3 Ironman comes from. I am about as ready as I can be. I have had 4 months of consistent training with no setbacks. If you are really bored on Sunday you can go to http://www.endorfunsports.com/ to watch the live broadcast of the finish line. You can also track me at http://www.myathletegps.com/. My race number is 1911. If all goes well I should be finishing sometime between 1:45 PM and 2:00 PM.



I want to end this campaign by saying "Thank you" again to all the people who have shared their stories. Thank you to those who have donated to the Lance Armstrong Foundation. I also want to end with an update of survival. Sharon Washburn has completed all of her treatments and is cancer free. Please visit her blog http://www.sharonwashburn.blogspot.com/ to see her inspirational story and her sweet thoughts. She wrote something in her last post that struck a chord with me. "I am also learning to be more tender to others."

This sentence sums up the reason I wanted to do this campaign. I long to be more tender to others, to make time, to be aware of other's needs and how they are hurting. Tender hearts make people more aware of cancer and how it can affect people. Being more tender to others can cause us to give money, time, or more importantly to pray.

I hope these stories have encouraged you to be more tender to others, specifically to friends and family affected by cancer.

Thanks for reading!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment